Ben, a lifelong DC resident who says he appreciates the culinary revitalization of his hometown, offers an all Northeast list of bites.
1. Lobster roll at Liberty Tree
2. Reuben egg rolls at Star and Shamrock
3. Caprese sandwich at Toscana
4. Moules champignon with large fries at Granville Moore's
5. Bacon, onion and Gruyere quiche at Dangerously Delicious Pies
I'd say its a pretty good representation of the best items on H Street, though I'd probably substitute Ethiopic's vegetarian sampler or signature lamb tibs for the caprese sandwich and the S.M.O.G. (Steak Mushroom Onion and Gruyere) as my favorite item from Dangerous Delicious Pies.
What else should be on a list of the best must-order items from H Street's fast-growing dining scene?