Whole Foods Market will open its newest DC location on Wednesday, March 15, at 600 H Street NE!
The store, designed to be the go-to destination for grocery shoppers east of the Capitol, will offer the highest quality natural and organic products, including fresh produce, meat, seafood and prepared foods.
“We’re thrilled to join the thriving H Street neighborhood,” said Donovan Morris, the store’s team leader and a 26-year Whole Foods Market veteran who most recently led the Foggy Bottom/GW store. “We’re offering a unique, exciting grocery shopping experience and a new destination for fast casual dining with gathering places for the community.”
The 40,000-square-foot store includes:
· The first expanded Paper Horse venue by Chef Erik Bruner-Yang, introducing a larger Chinese diner-style menu, featuring Asian comfort foods
· Collaborations with Atlas Brew Works, including a first-to-market “Home Rule” brew and baked-from-scratch breads made from recycled brewer’s grain
· Exclusive local products, including sauces and spice blends from Maketto, Cava restaurant sauces and D.C.-based Snacklins’ vegan “pork rinds”
· Extensive hot and cold prepared foods bars, using local, natural and organic ingredients and offering seasonal dishes, ethnic cuisine and comfort food
· An intimate mezzanine pub with 16 local beers on tap, wine by the glass and a gourmet hot dog cart
· An outdoor patio right on H Street NE
The community is invited to join store and company leaders for a traditional bread-breaking ceremony at 8:45 a.m. on March 15. Opening day shoppers will be greeted with door-buster deals and an array of product demonstrations and samples.