DPR Announces the 2013 Winter Wondercamp Schedule
Registration Opens Monday, November 25; Two Sessions will be Offered
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will offer DPR Winter Wondercamp in conjunction with the DC Public Schools (DCPS) winter holiday break. DPR will operate the Winter Wondercamp in two sessions. Session one will take place on Monday, December 23; Thursday, December 26 and Friday, December 27. Session two will take place on Monday, December 30; Tuesday, December 31; Thursday, January 2 and Friday, January 3. Winter Wondercamp is offered for children ages 3 to 5 years old, 6 to 12 years old and 8 to 13 years old. Registration will open at 10 am on Monday, November 25, 2013. Camps will operate from 9 am to 5 pm, with before care from 8 am to 9 am and after care from 5 pm to 6 pm. Parents can either register online or by calling the camps office at (202) 671-0372. In person registration is not available for Winter Wondercamp.
The fees for Winter Wondercamp are as follows:
- Session 1: $30 per child; due at the time of registration
- Session 2: $40 per child; due at the time of registration
- $10 per child, per session for before care or after care; due at registration
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
Please note that breakfast and lunch will not be provided. Parents are required to send children with a lunch and any additional snacks for the day. (Please note that DPR's Camp policy (click here for the policy) on food and snacks should be adhered to.)
The theme for Winter Wondercamp will incorporate DPR’s “Move, Grow and Be Green” initiative. The camps, specifically catered to each of the three ages groups, will include sports activities, arts & crafts, and at least one field trip. Activities will not only incorporate personal development and environmental responsibility components, but they will also challenge and engage camp participants.
A sports camp, Camp Score, will be offered for the first time during DPR's Winter Wondercamp 2013. Camp Score will be offered for children 8 - 13 years old at one location only, Langdon Park Community Center (2901 20th Street, NE). Camp Score will be offered for both sessions and will not offer before care or after care.
Sherwood Recreation Center (640 10th Street, NE) : Ages 6 - 12
Registration is based on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is recommended that first time users create a DPR account prior to attempting to register.
- Go to DPR's programs registration page.
- Enter "Winter" in the search field, and Winter Wondercamp will show up in the drop down selections.
- Select the program you would like to enroll your child in. Programs will be added automatically into your cart.
- Complete registration with payment.
- Remember, before and after care must be registered for separately.
- All fees (camp registration, before care, after care) are non-refundable, non-transferable, and due at time of registration.