Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Neighborhood appreciation night at the Big Board (421 H St) tomorrow (Wednesday), 5 pm; Grand Opening Saturday, October 8

Tomorrow night at 5:00 pm, The Big Board (421 H St) is opening its doors for "Neighborhood Appreciation" night.  All menu items will be discounted by $1 and all neighbors are invited.  The Big Board will be open from that point forward with the Grand Opening set for this Saturday, October 8.

The Big Board comes to you via neighborhood residents Eric and Mark Flannery.  The menu was designed in consultation with Chef Adam Stein (formerly of the Queen Vic) and features a host of burgers, including a tuna burger, and two vegetarian options.  Big Board's kitchen will be in the good hands of Chef Mike Lunsford, who was until recently Sous Chef at Granville Moore's.  They'll have 8 taps running, including Guiness & DC's own Chocolate City Copper Ale. 

We're looking forward to checking it out very soon.

11 comments:

  1. I went to the friends and family soft opening last night, if you live in the neighborhood you gotta go and check it out. If I didn't have to work late I'd be back tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef- whatever you were doing to the french fries at Granville Moores, do that at Big Board. My fries were gross and soggy when I was there last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fries were limp and not my favorite, but with a little more seasoning they'd probably be good, just not crispy the way I like them. burgers were very good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WENT WITH MY FRIENDS TO THE BIG BOARD AND THE HOST DID NOT HAVE A SMILE ON THEIR FACES LIKE THEY DID NOT WANNA BE THERE THE BURGERS WERE GOOD THE SWEET FRIES AND THE FRENCH FRIES WERE SO NASTY.THE PERSON WHO BROUGHT ME MY FOOD WAS AN TALL AFRICAN AMERICAN LIGHT BROWN FEMALE WITH LONG HAIR SHE HAD A WONDERFUL PRETTY SMILE AND WAS VERY POLITE SHE GOT ME NAPKINS AND KETCHUP MAYO AND MUSTARD I COULD HAVE STAYED FOREVER AFTER MEETING HER. MY SUGGESTIONS IS FOR THE BIG BOARD TO GET MORE PEOPLE EMPLOYED THAT HAVE HUGE SMILES LIKE HERS THAT SMILE MADE UP FOR THOSE HORRIBLE REG FRIES AND SWEET FRIES

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe the big board should have employees dress more like hooter girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. the owners are to involved one waited on me and the other one seated me then they both bragged about them being the owners at differednt times dont you hire people to wait the table and seat people burgers were ok but had better fries were gross ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  7. i had same experience as the blog stated above the lady that brought my food name was candy she was a african american had a huge smile she was georgeous and made me come back 3 other times just to see her smile food was ok

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed my meal at Big Board. Good to see more places opening on that end of H. I wish people would not be so aggressive and unkind on these boards and try to encourage businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ate there on Saturday. Excellent service and burger.

    ReplyDelete